The Software Engineer is responsible for the design and development of the Cayan Payment Processing Gateway and other server-side products. As a Software Engineer you will develop primarily on C# on the .Net platform and are responsible for utilizing a variety of transport and wire protocols to integrate capabilities to our payment partner’s systems.
• Design and develop server-side products in an Enterprise environment using C#, database technologies and web technologies
• Accomplish performance optimization in a product environment
• Complete technical tasks related to feature development and bug fixes
• Use transport and application protocols to integrate capabilities within the underlying technical environment and across payment partner systems
• Demonstrate functional comprehension of software design principles, including coupling/cohesion, decomposition/modularity, encapsulation/information hiding, and separation of interface and implementation
• Efficiently generate ideas and high-quality technical solutions, including detailed analysis of idea impact assessment and ultimate selection of the most appropriate solution
• Contribute to the development of useful, technically accurate deliverables generated in a timely manner
• Troubleshoot and fix defects
• Assist with software deployment activities to our production data centre
• Make process and procedural suggestions and remove obstacles
• Simplify and improve existing technical methodologies
• Adhere to and apply overarching internal practices and policies with respect to coding standards, unit testing, and status reports.
• BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field or commercial experience in C#, Java or any other OO programming language
• Experience in server product development
• Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design and related areas
• Passion for and self-motivated interest in Software Development as a profession, not just a job
• Understanding of database design and programming
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
• Must be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to work well under pressure
• Strong communication skills
• Willingness to work as part of a team
• Eligibility to work in the UK on a full time and permanent basis.
• In addition to a very competitive salary we also provide an excellent benefits package including: free car parking, private medical care, health cash plan, contributory pension, life insurance, income protection and free subscription with Belfast Bikes.
• You also get to work in an award winning office and enjoy 25 days annual leave + 10 public holidays in addition to many other little perks such as lunch every other Friday, fresh fruit and more.