Bazaarvoice – Software Engineer – Part time
Do you want to work on something that you, your friends, family and hundreds of millions of others use every day, and actually makes you smarter about how you spend your money? What if you could do that with a bunch of really smart people in an environment that actively encourages learning, growth and individual development? For good measure, we’ll even throw in the opportunity to explore technology from the UI to the database, and everything in between, all while working on products that world’s biggest brands rely on in order to maintain their place among the world’s biggest brands.
Every day, the Bazaarvoice engineering team tackles interesting and challenging problems across virtually every major computer science problem domain, and we do it all at a massive scale. Whether you’re interested in server-side Java, UI/UX, massive datasets, mobile/social, natural language processing, sentiment analysis, or data visualization, we’ve got an opportunity for you.
• Bachelor’s degree – Computer science or equivalent.
• 3+ years of software development experience.
• AWS or equivalent Cloud Platform experience.
• Experience working within an agile team.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithm, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures.
• Demonstrated experience with Github, Git, or equivalent.
• Right to work in the United Kingdom.
• Proven results-oriented person with a proven track record of delivery.
• MapReduce experience or Elastic MapReduce.
• Ability to adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements.
• Experience with machine learning, NLP, AI, and machine vision learning tools.
• Experience with NoSql databases.
• Experience with large distributed applications, additionally building/operating highly available systems.
• Be able to Work well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements.
• Be hands-on, willing to dig in and crank out code.
• Be focused on learning, able to explore new areas, learn new things, and quickly apply them to new problems.
• Be a spark, bring energy, passion and creativity to work every day.
Bazaarvoice connects brands and retailers to consumers, so that every shopping experience feels personal. From search and discovery to purchase and advocacy, Our solutions reach in-market shoppers, personalize their experiences, and give them the confidence to buy. Each month in the Bazaarvoice Network, more than a billion consumers view and share authentic content including reviews, questions and answers, and social photos across 6,000 brand and retail websites. Across the network, we capture billions of shopper signals monthly – data that powers high-efficiency digital advertising and personalisation with unmatched relevance.
Why join Bazaarvoice?
• We’re committed to client success: There are over 5K brand and retail websites in the Bazaarvoice network. Our clients represent some of the world’s leading companies across a wide range of industries including retail, apparel, automotive, consumer electronics and travel.
• We’re leaders in consumer-generated content: Each month, more than one-half billion consumers view and share authentic consumer-generated content, such as ratings and reviews, curated photos, social posts and videos, about products in our network. Last year, 135K reviews were submitted each day.
• Our network delivers: Network analytics provide insights that help marketers and advertisers provide more engaging experiences that drive brand awareness, consideration, sales, and loyalty.
• We’re a great place to work: We pride ourselves on our unique culture. Join a company that values passion, innovation, authenticity, generosity, respect, teamwork, and performance.