Bazaarvoice – Software Engineer – Intern
Do you want to work on something that you, your friends, family and over 1 Billion users a month use? Would you like to help those same users make smarter decisions on how spend their money? What if you could do that with a bunch of really smart people in an environment that actively encourages learning, growth and individual development? For good measure, we’ll even throw in the opportunity to explore technology from the UI to the database, and everything in between, all while working on products that the world’s biggest brands and retailers rely on in order to maintain their place among the world’s biggest.
Every day, the Bazaarvoice engineering team tackles interesting and challenging problems across virtually every major computer science problem domain, and we do it all at a massive scale. Whether you’re interested in server-side Java, UI/UX, massive datasets, mobile/social, natural language processing, sentiment analysis, or data visualization, we’ve got an opportunity for you.
Bazaarvoice is looking for outstanding people. As interns we fully expect you to be an integral part of our engineering teams. You will work on projects that will be part of our core applications or new applications that will go into production.
• Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or other STEM subject
• Passionate about writing high quality code and skilled in at least one programming language
• Have an interest in building high performant, scalable, secure, and fault tolerant applications.
• Interested in learning new technologies, working with cloud computing, machine learning, etc.
• Not afraid of documenting your work
• Unit test creation
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with Git
• Knowledge of agile development methodologies
• Knowledge of Theory of Computation
• Familiar with stubbing and mocking
• Familiar with BigO notation and analysis
The application process
• Receive an online technical assessment via Hackerrank. You will have 7 days to complete the test.
• Once we have reviewed your technical assessment results, we will then decide if to move forward
• If yes, we will invite you to attend a 45 min interview with us – don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch!
• We will let you know the outcome of your interview, no later than 2 days after.
Bazaarvoice connects brands and retailers to consumers, so that every shopping experience feels personal. From search and discovery to purchase and advocacy, Our solutions reach in-market shoppers, personalize their experiences, and give them the confidence to buy. Each month in the Bazaarvoice Network, more than a billion consumers view and share authentic content including reviews, questions and answers, and social photos across 6,000 brand and retail websites. Across the network, we capture billions of shopper signals monthly – data that powers high-efficiency digital advertising and personalisation with unmatched relevance.
Why join Bazaarvoice?
• We’re committed to client success: There are over 5K brand and retail websites in the Bazaarvoice network. Our clients represent some of the world’s leading companies across a wide range of industries including retail, apparel, automotive, consumer electronics and travel.
• We’re leaders in consumer-generated content: Each month, more than one-half billion consumers view and share authentic consumer-generated content, such as ratings and reviews, curated photos, social posts and videos, about products in our network. Last year, 135K reviews were submitted each day.
• Our network delivers: Network analytics provide insights that help marketers and advertisers provide more engaging experiences that drive brand awareness, consideration, sales, and loyalty.
• We’re a great place to work: We pride ourselves on our unique culture. Join a company that values passion, innovation, authenticity, generosity, respect, teamwork, and performance.