The EY Private Client Services team in Belfast act for a wide range of high net-worth individuals, entrepreneurs, private equity principals, high profile professional partnerships and senior executives, and onshore and offshore trusts. The services that we deliver include tax return compliance services, transaction and reorganisation advice, advice on optimisation of wealth from a tax perspective, and estate and succession tax advice. Our client base is a mix of UK and non-UK domiciled individuals.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing team with proven progression potential. The right individual will gain exposure to interesting and complex personal tax compliance work, with full technical support from the senior team. Additionally, as the individual’s skills progress, they will have the opportunity to work with the wider team on tax advisory projects, research and presentation preparation, and develop their skills to become a skilled and knowledgeable private client tax advisor.
Your key responsibilities
– Efficient preparation of a mixed portfolio of private client tax returns.
– Responsible for day-to-day client liaison.
– Assisting with research and preparatory work to support the wider team on non-compliance work.
– Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and colleagues, providing excellent client service, identifying opportunities and managing expectations.
Skills and attributes for success
– Ability to plan and prioritise work.
– Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client. service, meet deadlines, and work within budgets.
– At least one year or relevant personal tax compliance experience preferred.
– Demonstrating technical skills and understanding, and keen to develop further.
To qualify for the role you must have
Educated to A level or equivalent.
ATT preferred, or
One year personal tax experience and be prepared to study and pass ATT with full study support.
If ATT qualified, CTA support will be considered for the right candidate
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
– Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
– Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
– The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.