Legal Analyst – Competitive Salary – Belfast
Our Respond team members are permanent employees of the Belfast office who work on a flexible basis while developing their legal careers with us. All Respond employees have minimum contracted hours of 7.5 hours per week, although are expected to work more hours than this, often on short notice, as and when required.
This job is an ideal stepping stone for someone who is looking to get a foot in the door in the legal world.
You will work closely with highly experienced senior Disputes lawyers on the delivery of client work within the Disputes practice group of HSF Alternative Legal Services.
The role will be based in our Belfast office however you will regularly be working as part of a global ALT team.
Opportunities can arise from time to time for Legal Analysts to be selected to go on business trips and secondments, usually to our London office.
• Conducting work, under the supervision of senior Disputes lawyers, on large-scale contentious matters. This may include but is not limited to: documentary analysis and reporting on large-scale contentious matters or working as part of a supervised team on the assessment and management of claims (there will be target average daily chargeable hours).
• Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant areas of law to the Alternative Legal Services Disputes practice.
• Ensuring compliance with financial disciplines on matters (e.g. daily time-recording).
Skills, experience and qualifications
• Law graduate (2:1 or above) or a post-graduate qualification in law with a minimum of 3 A levels (ideally B grades and above).
• Ability to review, analyse and organise documentary and factual evidence.
• Excellent attention to detail; aims to get it right first time.
• Aptitude for learning (and becoming proficient in) the use of software and IT applications, and using search terms intelligently to navigate large databases/document management systems.
This is a great opportunity for a law graduate looking to get their foot in the door, don’t miss out on this opportunity. Apply on Radar today.