This stream is a fast track Software Engineering option for highly technical graduates with an interest in cutting-edge technology and the capital markets sector. Those chosen for this stream will help us develop our Kx Technology and be based locally, or go work as a Software Engineer at our client sites around the world.
Development is often in new areas of finance (e.g. exotic derivatives or in esoteric areas of curve building) and the developer will need an understanding of core financial concepts. The developer must be able to communicate effectively with other members of a small team and the end user, often a trader. The developer may in fact be responsible for all main post business analysis aspects of the software cycle including testing, documentation, integration, training and bug fixing.
The ideal applicant will have:
• An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem solving and technical skills to combine them
• A minimum of BBB at A Level (or equivalent in Leaving Cert Points)
• A minimum 2.1 in a degree in Computing, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or Engineering or a similarly quantitative discipline
• Excellent communication skills to present findings and articulate their business benefits
• Experience with Java, C/C++ and/or UNIX is beneficial