Who are we?
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential. Our vision is to become the leading global professional services organisation by building a better working world.
At EY our inclusive work environment means that everyone’s opinion is valued. This enables us to provide better advice and ideas to our clients, which in turn helps you develop as an individual to achieve your potential and make a difference.
Who are Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR)?
Tax touches every aspect of our lives and is one of the largest items of expense any organisation or individual has to consider. On top of that, current issues such as the reform of international taxation, tax transparency, and the way in which we and our clients are using disruptive technology means that there has never been a more exciting time to start a career in GCR
We are experiencing a growing demand from our clients to enhance governance and risk management across all areas of tax. To support this increasing market demand, we are now recruiting a team of Global Account Coordinators in Belfast. As part of this role you will work with a number of multi-national corporate clients (typically FTSE 100 or Fortune 500) helping them address a wide range of tax compliance, tax risk and reporting issues.
The GCR Global Services team works closely with colleagues around the world and with other service lines within EY such as Advisory and Assurance. From the moment you join, you will have exposure to senior professionals from a range of service lines and regions within in the firm as this fast growing sub service line continues to expand their team.
Your key responsibilities
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing team – GCR – within EY. The role will be client focused but based in the Belfast Delivery Centre.
Successful candidates will ideally have a strong affinity with problem solving and project management, and will enjoy being challenged in a dynamic, team environment. Responsibilities include:
• Building relationships with key EY and client stakeholders
• Effectively capturing and updating contracts with amendments to the core scope of work
• Taking ownership for specific service delivery projects: including managing progress, updating stakeholders &
team members, ensuring completion in line with target deadline and managing issues.
• Responsible for operational/service delivery issues with local client & EY teams, including logging client issues,
drawing up actions plans for stakeholders and updating key stakeholders on progress.
• Supporting regional or global contract managers through organising contract review calls, gathering data for
contract managers and coordinating the Change Request Notes (CRNs) and out-of-scope (OOS) requests on
• Leading day-to-day calls with clients to discuss status and routine issues
• Assisting with fee quotes and proposals
• Escalating scope, fee or service failure issues to the contact managers
• Coaching and working with our Engagement Management Services team in Bangalore who provide process
support for some activities
• Overseeing the maintenance of EY’s technology tools used by our clients to track and monitor their global
compliance status and to store confidential data relating to the client engagement
• Client invoicing and budget reviews
To qualify for the role you must have
• A passion to contribute to the growth of the team
• A dedication to teamwork
• Desire to learn and develop into the role
• Drive to continuously build and master key technical, functional and professional skills
• Self-starter and motivated
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst managing key stakeholder expectations
Ideally you’ll also have:
• Comfortable balancing multiple projects and priorities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we look for:
EY looks for people who are innovative, team players and who are striving to improve their skills and knowledge.
What can we offer you?
• Join the #1 professional services employer and #2 overall in the ‘World’s Most Attractive Employer Awards’ in
Universum’s annual World’s Most Attractive Employer ranking in 2013.
• Two days allocated to participate in charity work in addition to your annual leave with matched funding
• EY&U Career development framework which includes the following:
• We currently offer more than 16,000 courses on our learning management system. Last year, our people undertook
more than eight million hours of learning and completed over one million courses. So you can be confident you’ll
have time and space to pursue your learning goals.
• ‘Buddy Scheme’-to welcome you to EY and introduce you to your colleagues
• Career Counsellor Scheme – you will be assigned a career counsellor who will help you drive your career and
provide you with the support and guidance you need to achieve and exceed your career aspirations
• Ongoing performance reviews
Who we are
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.