EY’s Forensic eDiscovery team is a global, data-focused unit within the Forensics department of our Financial Services business and specialises in forensic technology services encompassing eDiscovery, Forensic Data Analytics and IT Forensic investigations. Using state of the art tools, our teams support clients with compliance management, fraud investigation and fraud detection.
Across all sectors, clients are faced with a rising tide of disputes, investigations and regulatory reviews. Handling the electronically stored information (ESI) relevant to such reviews in a consistent, defensible, and cost effective way has therefore become a key business challenge.
The eDiscovery team specialise in identifying, collecting and producing large volumes of ESI in the form of emails, documents, databases, audio/video files, social media, web sites and more, on behalf of our clients. This is secured and analysed to separate the relevant data for use as evidence for litigations and financial investigations.
Our FTDS team within the Belfast Delivery Centre provide the cutting edge forensic technology infrastructure and tools necessary to manipulate and manage large volumes of ESI and assist in uncovering the most complex frauds close to the occurrence.
Your key responsibilities
• Contribute to end-to-end eDiscovery engagements.
• User a range of industry standard software to perform custom solutions to client requirements.
• Extract data from a variety of sources using SQL, enabling it to be ingested across a number of client facing platforms.
• Perform basic to intermediate tasks across the whole EDRM lifecycle including identification, collections, analysis, production etc.
• Provide support to senior colleagues in tasks when required, such as keeping accurate chain of custody forms.
• Interact with clients directly to provide any required support in relation to the engagement at hand.
• Use a problem solving approach to overcome unexpected issues – both technical and operational.
To qualify for the role you must have:
• Degree qualified, preferable in Computer Science, Mathematics or related degree;
• Experience with databases would be preferable, particularly SQL programming and design of relational databases.
• Exposure to programming e.g. industry experience or a significant implementation project at university.
• Solid understanding of networks, operating systems and hardware components that make up a PC.
• Strong independent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical persons.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
Experience of working in a similar environment.
What we look for:
EY looks to attract innovative people, team players and those with excellent client focus.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.