This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing managed service team within EY. This is a new team which is being formed to lead the delivery of a key growth area within our Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) service. The role will be based in the UK&I Delivery Centre and focused on delivering client services.
Your key responsibilities
- Ensure clients’ sales and purchase invoices, in particular, are input to the ledgers in the correct accounts on a timely basis in accordance with the clients’ schedule.
- Complete reconciliations of accounts for AP, AR and Bank.
- Assisting with the preparation of accounting summaries and reports when requested
- Identifying and resolving any errors as appropriate
- Communicating directly with clients across the UK and Ireland by telephone and email
Skills and attributes for success
We are looking for individuals who are either a recent graduate from university or current Accounting Technician students or recently qualified Accounting Technicians.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Ability to build rapport and relationships with individuals at all levels irrespective of background
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written forms
- Aptitude to be service orientated and appreciation for what it means to be client-facing and represent our Firm in everything that you do – Capable of performing under pressure
- Enjoy working as part of a team and achieving shared goals and objectives
- Inquisitive and analytical and attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- To be IT literate and receptive to new IT developments
- Keen to face new challenges and learn new skills
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.